Seeking your personal accounts of the naturalized citizen’s experience for possible inclusion in a collection. Please email questions or request an interview at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are questions you may be asked:
- What did you think you knew about the US?
- What was your birth country and what was happening there?
- Why did you decide to come to America?
- Were you a child or an adult?
- Where have you settled?
- How did you accomplish your goal?
- Is the US different than you had imagined? How? Better or worse?
- What have been the worst moments? The best moments?
- Are you happy you came, or do you regret it?
- What would you like to say to your birth country?
- What would you like to say to Americans?
All interviews will become the property of Southern Writes/Julie A. Custer. You will be required to sign a Consent prior to interview; consent does not constitute a guarantee of inclusion. I reserve the right to edit or rewrite your story for grammar and readability; all stories will remain factually accurate.